Flu Clinics 2020
As you will be aware, the surgery is working differently due to the Coronavirus pandemic and this will affect how we operate our Flu Clinics this season. To prevent large queues and to help these clinics run efficiently and safely for patients and staff alike, we ask that you follow these few simple measures:
- Please DO NOT attend on the day should you be experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms
- Arrive as close to your appointment time as possible
- One way in, one way out – You will enter the surgery via the front door. Staff will be on hand to guide you to the next available clinician and out of the building via the nearest exit
- Follow the social distancing measures in place
- Wear a face mask or face covering
- Please attend alone where possible; we understand couples will come together
- Use sanitiser provided upon entry to the surgery. All patients to sanitise hands
- Wear a short-sleeved top to your appointment to enable quick and easy access to the vaccination site which will be in your LEFT arm*. Please remove all other clothing such as jumpers, cardigans, coats, bags etc and leave them in your car.
- Patients are to STAND** for the injection. No seating or bed facilities will be available. We envisage with no queues for you to be in and out within 5 minutes
- You will be vaccinated by the next available clinician on the day (not necessarily the clinician your appointment confirmation tells you that you are booked with)
- Please be aware there are NO toilet facilities or Reception facilities available at the surgery
*All patients will be vaccinated in the LEFT arm, however, please notify the receptionist when you book your appointment if there is a clinical reason the right arm would be preferable.
** If you are unable to STAND for a length of time due to frailty of your condition, then this flu clinic is not for you, however, you will be seen in a designated clinic allowing more time for both you and the clinician. Please make the receptionist aware when you phone to book your appointment. Please be aware the designated clinic is NOT for patients who are able to stand but unable to make it on the set flu clinic date.